Scotland and Norway Ice Courses
1) Deposits will be refunded less a £40 booking charge per person if the booking is cancelled more than 5 weeks (35 days) before the start of the course
2) The balance of fee is due for payment 4 weeks (28 days) before course commencement. If fees are not received by then we are under no obligation to hold your reservation
3) In event of later cancellation up to 2 weeks (14 days) before commencement we will refund 40% of the total fee; thereafter no refunds can be made. Cancellation insurance cover is recommended to all clients
5) At least two bookings are required for any advertised course to go ahead. Clients will be informed at least 3 weeks (21 days) before holiday commencement if any course is likely to be cancelled due to lack of bookings.
Arctic Norway Courses
1) Deposits will be refunded less a £40 booking charge if the booking is cancelled more than 8 weeks (56 days) before the start of the course
2) The balance of course fee must be paid no later than 6 weeks before departure date. If fees are not received by then we are under no obligation to hold your reservation
3) In event of late cancellation up to 3 weeks (21 days) before commencement we will refund 40% of the total fee; thereafter no refunds can be made. Cancellation insurance cover is recommended to all clients
4) At least two bookings are required for any advertised course to go ahead. Clients will be informed at least 4 weeks (28 days) before holiday commencement if any course has to be cancelled or amended due to lack of bookings.
Private Guiding – Scotland
1) A 25% deposit of the guiding price is payable to confirm a booking.
2) In event of cancellation more than 4 weeks before the engagement the deposit is refundable after deduction of a booking charge of £25 per day booked.
3) In event of cancellation between 14 and 28 days before the start of the engagement the 25% deposit is forfeited.
4) The balance of fee is payable direct to your guide on or before commencement; and is not refundable unless the engagement is postponed or cancelled by mutual agreement with the guide due to unsuitable weather and conditions.
Private Guiding – Alps
1) A 25% deposit of the guiding price is payable to confirm a booking.
2) In event of cancellation more than 8 weeks before the engagement the deposit is refundable after deduction of a booking charge of £40.
3) The balance of fee is payable 4 weeks before commencement.
4) In event of cancellation between 4 and 8 weeks before the start of the engagement the 25% deposit is forfeited.
4) In event of cancellation between 2 and 4 weeks before commencement 40% of the fee will be refunded, but no refunds can be made on cancellation less than 2 weeks before the engagement.
1) In event of cancellation more than 4 months before departure we will refund deposits less a retention of £90 to cover administration costs
2) The full balance of expedition price is payable no later than 3 months before departure
3) The scale of charges on cancellation is: 3-4 months: Deposit; 2-3 months: 40% of full fee; 1-2 months: 60%; 14 days-1 month: 90%; less than 14 days: Full Cost.
4) A minimum of 4 members is required for any expedition to go ahead. If we are forced to cancel any trip due to lack of numbers we will give 2 months’ notice and will refund all monies paid up to that point
5) All members booking an expedition must read and accept the principles of group responsibilities, risk and expedition management as set out in our document "Expedition Climbing with Moran Mountain: Style, Ethics and Responsibilities", which is to be found in the trip dossier and on our Himalayan web-page.
6) Whilst we undertake to provide the best standards of care and safety that are possible in the field all persons undertaking Himalayan travelling, mountaineering and trekking must accept that these are activities with a degree of objective risk and isolation from medical facilities.
7) Expedition members are responsible for all risks and additional costs incurred if they miss outward flights, or choose to travel independently or return home early. The organisers are not responsible for flight change/re-booking costs if scheduled return flights are missed due to unavoidable problems or delays in the field.
8) Prices are based on peak fees, exchange rates and local taxes as at the time of booking. If these rates increase by more than 15% we may be forced to make a surcharge. Should any surcharge exceed 10% of holiday cost, clients may cancel their booking with a full refund.
General Terms applicable to all Courses and Expeditions
1) Bookings are only confirmed when your deposit is received. After receipt of a booking we will honour a 24 hour period of grace in which the booking can be cancelled with full refund; thereafter our booking charges will be applied as detailed above.
2) Changes of bookings: we will change booking dates without charge if notification is made within 14 days of reservation. Thereafter, our standard admin charge will be applied up to the date on which deposits become forfeit on cancellation. After the deposit cut-off date our normal terms and conditions will be applied and a booking alteration will be treated as a cancellation.
3) Whilst we ensure a high professional standard of instruction, care and safety, all our clients must be aware that participation in mountaineering activities involves an acceptance of objective risk and of responsibility for the consequences of one’s own actions. This is the essence of an adventure pursuit such as mountaineering
4) Mountaineering – even when undertaken with instructors and guides – is an adventure pursuit with high levels of uncertainty and potential risk. No specific element of an advertised service can be guaranteed with certainty in such an environment. Furthermore, the safe completion of activities takes priority over the achievement of particular climbs.
5) All monies paid by clients in advance of courses will be insured against the financial failure of the organiser as legally required by the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours regulations 1992. Your booking is insured by IPP Ltd and its Panel of Insurers. This insurance is only valid for passengers who book and pay directly with/to Moran Mountain Ltd. If you have booked and/or paid direct to a Travel Agent for a holiday with Moran Mountain Ltd please request proof of how the booking is secured as you may not be covered by IPP Ltd in this instance.
6) If we are forced to cancel or curtail a course or expedition due to strike, riots, acts of war or terrorism, natural disaster or disease epidemic we will endeavour to provide an alternative holiday, but accept no liability for return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment
7) Our advertised courses and expeditions are open to anyone of appropriate experience in the age range 14 to 70. Students of 14 to 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and 17 year olds must provide a parental letter of consent. Clients over 65 years old are required to send a Doctor's letter confirming good health to undertake the proposed activities. We will exceptionally consider applicants over 70 years old provided they undertake a minimum of 2 days' private guiding and tuition with us in Scotland prior to the holiday to establish fitness and technical ability.
8) Our Guides, Instructors and Leaders reserve the right to exclude any member from a participation on planned mountain activities if he or she might endanger the success or safety of the rest of the party through lack of fitness, ill-health, poor acclimatisation or dangerous technique. We can make no refunds of fees paid to members so excluded
9) Any members of our courses or expeditions who act in contravention of the decisions or advice of their Guide, Instructor or Leader, or else undertake independent mountaineering activities during the course or expedition period forfeit all professional protection and duty of care from the Guide, Instructor or Leader
10) The information in our brochure and web-site is for guidance. We make every effort to ensure it is correct but cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or subsequent alterations of itineraries which are beyond our control